Using email as a tool for communication...
I find it remarkable that 27 out of 28 students' parents have access to email this year. My teaching partner (who has 27 out of 27 with email access) and I have decided to try sending a weekly electronic newsletter to them. This not only elliminates paper consumption but it also reduces the amount of time we'd spend waiting in line in the copy room. If parents have a question, which they often do, then they just hit reply, and fire away. I print a hard copy for my 1 student to take home to her parents. Parents seem to like this method of communication and I've found the the amount of phone calls I've recieved has gone from 3-5 a week to none. I think that email can be a useful tool for communication when used creatively.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home