JHU Classes Online?
I think that there are numerous classes that could have been strictly online JHU courses. The first one that came to mind was the Collaborative and Project-Based learning class two summers ago. I'll focus on the other class that stood out since there have already been some posts on the CPBL one...The Professional Development course that we took this past summer would be a challenging yet interesting online course. I say challenging because of the need for teachers to get together to talk, collaborate, grow professionally, and present technology related trainings. I think it would be interesting to use an online venue such as Elluminate to share some of the trainings and material via use of the digital white board. The literature circles that we had on our class readings could be break out sessions in Elluminate or could become discussion/blog posts. The presentations, commercials and technology connections could be shared online. The only problem was all of the great snacks... if only we could find a way to share tasty treats online...
Websites that could support this JHU online class are:
Tapped In
http://tappedin.org/tappedin/
World Wide Learn
http://www.worldwidelearn.com/continuing-education/teachers-educators.htm

1 Comments:
I agree with you that the colloborative and projedct based instruction could be online. I think most people chose that class when responding to the prompt. The professional development class would definitely be interesting. We did a lot of work from home anyway with the readings and CHIP plan. The commercial could have been done online or in video format as well. You have some very vaild points!
5:08 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home